Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Coming Soon

I've been assembling a rough version of the 10Films DVD for the screening using a trial version of Nero 7 Ultimate.  It's not a bad package for the money and I'll probably pay for a license when the trial period expires.

A lot of the footage looks pretty good on my TV at home.  I'm trying to correct for the inevitable washed-out look that NTSC video gets when you project it on a screen ten feet tall.  But even if I fail, people who have watched the films online will see a whole new host of details.  Like that curious glass goblet on the bureau, or the regular reappearance of a favorite prop.  Or the pile of lighting equipment at the end of the hallway.

Tonight I started working on the outtakes.  I'm starting with #2 (Roger from Accounting), which has the richest vein to mine.  I packed the script with goof-ball sci-fi jargon, because I think it's funny.  One of the actors came to the shoot after about two hours of sleep, and a distinct hatred of goof-ball sci-fi jargon.  Neither of these things helped this person get the lines right.  But it should make for some fun outtakes.

I really look forward to screening this stuff in front of an actual audience.  I'm anxious, but a crowd always has a much bigger reaction than one or two people sitting in front of a computer.  The funny stuff will be funnier, the sad stuff will be funnier, and when audience doesn't make any sound at all, I'll go and quietly strangle myself in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment