Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 7: Phillipe

Brought this one in at a reasonable hour.  Still late enough that I have to fake the timestamp back.  I'm a cheater.


Phillipe
Nobody call them the Hot Thirties when it was the Hot Thirties. That's what Jean say today. I say to Jean, How can you not know it was the Hot Thirties? It was damshit hot outside! Jean smile at me and call me Kid, which is not fair. Jean is only two years older than me. He say I got no perspective.

I ride wing for Jean now ever since that Homesteader bitch shoot Lucien in the eye. I think Lucien die soon because he stop opening his good eye when we talk to him. We already pay her back for that. Now we just having fun.

It's good to ride wing for Jean. He second or third in line for petrol now, depending if Patrice go forward or hanging back with us. Jean doesn't tell me shut up all the time. Sometimes he tell me how I have my own Camaro soon.

Month ago we hit Reactor City and they got a new fence up. We going in bigger circles now. Jean says we maybe go up to the Glacier, and I say what Glacier. He says fifty years ago, a big chunk of ice under the Rapper Ho Mountains. What is the big noise about fifty years ago? All that shit gone now. What we going to find there? Tell me that.

Last night we dig in and slop the bitch some more. Some of the other Piya say girl but she kind of tall and bony, and she got them pull marks on her belly. Still, we get her wet and everything is sweet, until Patrice show up. He want to dig in before Taco get his seconds. Everybody goes Woo like it's a joke and it's funny. Then Patrice get hard and keep pushing in and Taco hit him. Taco finish up and Patrice gets his but everyone more quiet on the ride today. Jean looking sour. He don't like it when Taco and Patrice fight.

Today I get bored of the quiet and I ask Jean why they fence up Reactor City? He look more sour and say Development and Recovery. Like what? I say. He say you know the White Truck Gang we fighting with down in Denver? That Development and Recovery, and they are the Biggest Posse.

I am like Oh, like of course. But me, now I am angry, because I thought we the Biggest Posse. How many times Patrice come back from riding point, to shine us up about how we collecting the Tools of The Final Apocalypse, we the Hunters of the Weak. I mean when we all sit before a ride and Patrice speaking, I see Taco look at his boots thinking how long this man talk, but everybody dig it, everybody know Patrice is the Farthest Hunter.

I want to poke Jean up, not in his face but subtle, so I say some shit. Like: Patrice say we the Hunters of the Weak, right? Jean is like yeah. And we got to ride hard and alone, right? Yeah. But why we carrying Lucien? He just a dummy now.

Jean just hit me hard on the side of my jaw. He not even look away from the road. Daccord, that how it is, nespa.

Tonight we set up on a ridge before Valley Town. That hole got an old trickle running out of it...until last time we ride up this way. Then we see that they shut the trickle down so we can't water up. Our answer to that is we ride on them tomorrow, push down them new fences, break that water wall. Get a couple of bitches too.

Jean take me up close to the ridge above Valley Town. We hoof it, hanging low to the ground. We looking for the White Truck Gang. He tell me they hook up with the Green Suits, and that is how they get to be the Biggest Posse.

Nothing and nobody on the approach to the ridge. Jean say we go ahead and go up top, take a look. We get up there and nothing and nobody there too. We clear to run in tomorrow and take it all.

Back at the circle Jean tell Taco about the clear run and Taco enjoy that, he smile. Taco look at me and say, how old you Phillipe? I tell him twelve, like he don't know. Taco say tomorrow you have your birthday, be a man, get you some minet. So I don't have to stay up here with dead Lucien and the tied up Homesteader bitch. I ride with the Piya tomorrow!

After that everybody get water, five hundred milleeters, so we are not so thirsty. I don't know where Patrice go, maybe he ride into the Deep Dark. Like when he have to think. Or when he fight with Taco.

Daccord. I got to get back to the circle or Jean ask where I am. He hit me again if he see me talking into this blip box. He think it a diary. Only a bitch keep a diary. I send this to you when I find a Drop Point. Maybe I blip up some more before that, because I will have my first minet, be a man. Daccord. Je t'aime Maman bonne nuit.

(c) 2011 Michael Bernstein

No comments:

Post a Comment