Thursday, August 11, 2011

Photo Day 29: Bronze 25 and Bronze 26

 

Today, as I left Steiner Studios after a wardrobe fitting for some background work on "Pan Am," I was startled by the sunset over Manhattan. So I sent out a tweet.

Sunset over NYC from the Steiner Studios lot. Wish I'd brought my damned DSLR. I'll just have to remember.

What I meant is that I'll just have to remember what it really looked like, because there was no way in hell the puny camera on my phone could capture a tenth of what I was seeing in person.

But a camera doesn't just capture something. It changes it in the process.

In Italian, one choses the moment per fare un fotografia, to "make" a photograph.

Which makes as much sense as what we say in English.

Two bronze sculptures by Hanneke Beaumont caught my eye as I walked through Frederik Meijer Gardens this summer.

Actually, a lot of things caught my eye. But at this moment, I am particularly happy what I made of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment