Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Fish for pixels.

We haven't had much truly cold weather this winter, but today was bitter and cruel.  I'm ready for it to end.

I had a lovely bit of sushi for lunch.  My friend Jeff bought it for me.  Before we ordered, I handed over some raw, badly-shot video from the most recent gig by The One Eyed Bishops.  Jeff's the bassist for the band, and an old friend of mine, so he really didn't have to buy me the raw fish.  Then again, once he sees the footage, he may wish he hadn't.

Once again I'm fighting with software.  Microsoft issued some patches for Windows XP, and ever since then Avid Free DV crashes in the middle of the file selection dialog.  Nero 7 Recode refuses to output video in anything other than MP4, which Avid Free DV can't digest.  I tried to download Quicktime Pro, but Apple makes the ordering process both too complicated and too unreliable.  Nero 7 Vision can generate titles in HD, which look snazzy, but the title tool is ridiculously simple-minded. 

And I have a folded-up contact lens lodged on top of my eye.  I can see fine (with another lens in the proper alignment) and my eye itches only a little bit.  But still.

I've started to audition again, in a most desultory fashion.  Some of my old scripts emerged during office cleaning.  I'm looking for that fire, haven't found it yet.

Maybe I just need to see the ophthalmologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment